Monday, October 25, 2010

Diaper Cake and Gift Bag




After my son was born in September 2009, I had a strong urge to find my biological father and his children. Well, thanks to Facebook, it was an easy task. I immediately found one of my sisters, Amanda, who was pregnant with her first son, Marley. I was SO excited to see her. I had visited their family once when I was 12 and she was about 7 or 8 and spoke to her on the phone once when she was 15. After that I lost contact with them.

In February when she posted info about her baby shower, I jumped on the opportunity to see her again. So I got a plane ticket (Thanks, Aunt Kathy), flew into St. Louis with my 5 month old Dax, rented a Prius and drove 2 hours in the snow to Springfield, Illinois. I made her a diaper cake and gift bag with some items that she had on her gift registry and I had a blast doing it. Our brother, Matt, who I was also ecstatic to meet, worked at The Crowne Plaza and got me a great deal on a room there. As it turned out, her mom and aunt who were throwing her the shower had changed the date to the following weekend without telling her, so I was a week early! It turned out to be a blessing in disguise, she stayed with Dax in our hotel room that night and we stayed up alllll night like a school girl slumber party. We talked for hours about everything from boys, to our home lives, to babies and Matt brought us a delightful assortment of cakes!

I only stayed for one night and it was quite an adventure getting there and back with a 5 month old, but it was definitely worth it. Dax was a great traveler and I really bonded with my sis. Marley is now 7 months old and the love of Amanda's life.

I can make a variety of different diaper cakes to fit any budget with either disposable diapers or prefolds and I can work with any budget. The cake shown here would run about $50 with Huggies or Pampers. Contact me for more info or a price quote. MissChrissyCupcake@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment