Friday, August 31, 2012

Pirate Party Thirst Quenchers

I took Dax shopping today and decided that he could pick the drink that we would be serving at the party. Now, he drinks about 60% water and 30% green smoothie and is occasionally allowed to have juice when we are out or a small cup at home during the day, but when we do purchase juice, it's never from concentrate and is usually organic or all natural. So, to my surprise, when we got to the beverage isle and he went straight for the BLUE Hawaiian Punch! I had so many thoughts running through my head...."but it has high fructose corn syrup in it!"...."thats not even juice!"....."what are the other parents going to think when i serve their kids sugary blue stuff?"...."he's going to be bouncing off the walls!" At first, my reaction was to try and sway him in other directions. I pointed out the Simply Lemonade and even the Simply Raspberry Lemonade, which at least had a small amount of real fruit juice in it. He kept going back to the blue drink and I realized something. This is his 3rd birthday and it's his first birthday where he can clearly communicate to me what he would like. This is a party. A once a year event. I don't care what the other parents think. I don't care that it's not healthy. It's what he wants and I told him to pick what he wants. So here I am...decorating a bottle of Blue Hawaiian Punch. :)

Oh and it didn't hurt that it was only $2.08 and helps keep my party budget low. A lot lower than what I would've chosen to serve. ;)

I also picked up a case of water for $2.98 and decorated those as well with some paper, twine and some stickers that I got from the dollar tree.

If you missed how I made the weathered paper on the punch, I wrote all about it in my post bout the treasure maps.

Drink expenses: $6.06
Remaining Party Budget $62.71

No comments:

Post a Comment